Monday, October 29, 2007

Fun with source control

So we're using Rational ClearCase for version control where I work, and for the most part it's a good tool, but I would really really like it if the tool made it more obvious which files were under version control and which were not, because I wound up breaking a build over the weekend after not adding one critical file to source control.

So, new rule -- I will always have at least two views. One will be for development, the other strictly for checking the build. Because modern technology is supposed to reduce the amount of work you have to do.

In other news, Gregor bit through the mouse cord on my computer last night. Whee.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home