Thursday, August 17, 2006

Anything done for the first time unleashes a demon

And so here we are, the inagural post of yet another stupid blog. I have no idea where this will go; it may go nowhere, quickly. However, there are times when I must vent my frustration at my work, my country, my culture, and my self. Besides, everyone and his dog is getting a blog these days, so why not me?

Hopefully I'll be at least mildly entertaining. I'll certainly try my best.

By the way, this article's title is taken from an issue of Dave Sim's Cerebus; it was that title that compelled me to pick up the book for the first time, and I immediately became hooked. However, Jaka's Story was the high point for me, and when Dave started channelling dead writers I started to lose interest. I only got a little way through Going Home before giving up completely.

Anyway, I thought it was a good title. Maybe not. We'll see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cerebus #65, which happened to be the first issue I bought off the stands, is the issue featuring said title. I stuck with the series through the end. I enjoy Sim's writing, both prose and comics, quite a bit, but I'll grant that his opinions on women can test one's endurance.
if you ever find a copy of _Following Cerebus #9_ (good luck), it features a dialogue between Sim and comic artist extraordinaire Neal Adams where they discuss theories on the origins of the universe while touring Niagara Falls. it's fun, interesting, and leaves out a lot of the opinions that turn people off.

10:38 PM  
Anonymous true free erotic stories said...

Matthew walked away and went back into his house. ``Ok, well I gotta go.
adult baby stories
horses animal sex stories
adult sex stories gay interracial ero
free erotic mature sex stories
older gay men stories
Matthew walked away and went back into his house. ``Ok, well I gotta go.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home